Johnson County Department of Technology and Innovation (DTI)
Position Title: Technical Support Analyst II
Job Title: Technical Support Analyst II
Organizational Unit: Johnson County KS -> Department of Technology and Innovation -> DTI-Information & Infrastructure Services
Location: Johnson County – KS US; Johnson County Administration Building – Olathe, KS 66061 US (Primary)
Position Grade: 15.15 Non-Exempt
Pay Range: $20.60 – $26.79
Employment Category: Fulltime-Regular (40 hrs, Full Benefits)
Work Schedule: 8-5
The Department of Technology and Innovation (DTI) for Johnson County Government will be hiring two (2) full-time Technical Support Analysts to help staff the DTI Support Center. The duties of the Technical Support Analyst II are as follows:
- Provides support and resolution for users with hardware, software and configuration problems; resolves user-reported problems as expertise permits using available tools and following established procedures and policies.
- Directs issues to the appropriate personnel for service, repair, and training; maintains record of daily data communication transactions, problems, and actions taken or installation activities; provides follow-up contact to users reporting technology related problems and issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Installs, configures, tests and operates a desktop and other peripheral equipment; ensures proper installation of cables, desktop operating systems, and/or appropriate software.
- Instructs users in the use of desktop equipment and software; identifies and communicates training needs.
- Contributes to the creation of support processes, procedures, and documentation; assists with the development of desktop hardware and software standards; assists in the coordination of routine projects, including designing and setting up the environment to test a proof of concept and writing test scripts.
High school diploma or equivalent and one year of relevant experience in the information technology field are required. Two years of relevant experience in the information technology field is preferred. Experience can substitute for education. Education can substitute for experience.
Driving Status: Occasional (less than 5%)
Category: Management, Administrative, Technology, and Financial Services