Title: ServiceNow Administrator
ServiceNow Administrator will be providing support and development in our expanding ServiceNow environment as the lead technical contributor. ServiceNow Administrator will perform day to day support and maintenance, work with the functional team to develop solutions in ServiceNow and coordinate support and development efforts within the admin team. ServiceNow Administrator will also perform high severity incident facilitation activities as part of a matrix managed Availability team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General support, administration and maintenance of ServiceNow platform and associated applications. YRC Freight currently uses the following modules within the Fuji release: Incident, Problem & Change Management, Lite CMDB/Asset Management, Service Catalog/Request, CMS Self Service Portal and Knowledge Management
- Work closely with ServiceNow functional team members to build requested items and tasks using workflows to manage processes from the customer to the fulfillment teams.
- Work closely with ServiceNow functional team members to configure and improve core application capabilities
- Work directly with end users to resolve support issues within ServiceNow
- Monitor health, usage and overall compliance of ServiceNow and its applications
- Develop systems integrations and process automation
- Design, create and configure Business Rules, UI Policies, UI Actions, Client Scripts and ACLs including advanced scripting of each (including CMS and advanced integrations)
- Design, create and configure Notifications, UI pages, UI Macros, Script Includes, Formatters, etc. in ServiceNow
- Configure and manage Discovery and Orchestration (desired future state)
- Coordinate application and platform upgrades
- Share technical best practices to the immediate and extended teams for consistent coding practices
- Facilitates the resolution of high severity IT problem events to minimize customer impact. Responsibilities include participating in rotating on-call support process.
- Performs analysis of incident and problem events to identify trends and service improvement opportunities. Develops recommendations based upon analysis and drives organizational efforts to implement.
- Facilitates problem post mortem exercises to identify causal factors and root causes. Works with internal IT users to develop and implement corrective actions.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, a similar technical discipline or comparable experience
- 5 – 8 years’ experience as a technical resource in delivery engagements; 2 years technical lead experience
- Minimum 2-3 years direct experience as a ServiceNow administrator configuring core ServiceNow modules in an enterprise environment including the delegation of groups, modification of CMS, workflows, business rules, UI actions, UI policies, ACLs, dictionary, catalog items and updates of all other existing solutions requiring revisions
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of the technical implementation of various ServiceNow modules including: Incident, Problem & Change Management, Service Catalog, Knowledge Management, Configuration Management, Reporting, LDAP, SSO, MID Server, Inbound / Outbound emails and Discovery
- ServiceNow System Administrator Certification – required; Implementation Specialist Certification – preferred
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification preferred
- Knowledge, Skills and Availability
- Must be technically savvy and able to design and build applications that meet business goals and objectives
- Proven experience designing, implementing and customizing a web architected, n-tiered enterprise application
- Experience creating ServiceNow update sets, promoting and testing through multiple instances and into production.
- Experience creating and maintaining customer facing portals using Content Management Systems in ServiceNow
- Familiar with Service Oriented architecture and web services integration (SOAP, WSDL, REST)
- Familiar with LDAP, MS Active Directory, ADFS and integration with ServiceNow
- Flexibility to work with a variety of personalities and styles
- Team player
Ideal candidates for this position are self-motivated, creative problem-solvers who can adapt to new technologies and evolving customer requirements. Candidates must bring solid interpersonal skills and be capable of meeting with customers face-to-face to clarify and design existing YRC Freight solutions, design requirements into a proposed solution, and implement the solution on time and within budget. Candidates must also be capable of working independently as well as in a team environment
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer
YRCW has a tobacco-free work environment policy at this location