There is an immediate job opening in the IT Department for a Network Administrator. The following partial job description explains this full-time position located at the West Des Moines Corporate Office. The position is primarily Monday through Friday with occasional overtime and some travel.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF JOB DUTIES:
Administers more than 250 sites and over 32,000 network devices. Those include all retail, corporate, distribution center, and subsidiary network systems, applications, and services.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND FREQUENCY:
- Troubleshoots, administers and maintains wired and wireless networks
- Works with retail, distribution center, subsidiary, and corporate personnel to resolve technical problems.
- Manages network alerting and monitoring tools used in the enterprise
- Plans and performs disaster recovery procedures
- Provides second level support and assistance to Support Services
- Works with outside consultants and vendors to resolve technical issues
- Reports to work when scheduled and works expected number of hours
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB:
BackOffice applications, Redhat Linux, virtualization, 3rd party applications, printers, modems, and telephone.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
High School or equivalent experience. Two to three years of additional schooling with an emphasis in networking is preferred.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of routing and switching protocols
- Cisco Nexus 7K configuration – Understanding of OTV & LISP a plus
- Cisco ASA Firewall’s
- Enterprise wireless management
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects
- Overall knowledge of IT security
If you are interested and meet the qualifications, please apply online at Hy-Vee.com/Careers. The deadline for applying is Thursday, June 9th at 12:00 noon. Please submit your resume/cover letter/questions to ITCareers@hy-vee.com