I. JOB SUMMARY
Under limited supervision, complete medium to high complexity projects. Independently support database environments development and maintenance efforts. Work with IT internal and external teams to define and implement database solutions in support of the new and existing systems.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for implementation of physical database objects, databases administration, troubleshooting, performance improvements, and monitoring. The qualified candidate will be expected to participate in database physical design, data access, and requirements definition, as well as following database administration directions.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing, education and production usage.
- Perform ongoing databases tuning
- Install new versions of the SQL Server RDBMS and its tools and any other tools that access databases.
- Plan and implement databases backups and recovery.
- Control migrations of programs, database changes, and reference data changes through the development life cycle.
- Implement and enforces security for all of databases.
- Perform databases re-organizations, as required, to assist with performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
- Follow DBA standards to support proper integrity, security, and performance of the databases
- Evaluate releases of SQL Server and its tools.
- Ensure any new product usage or releases takes place with minimal impact.
- Provide technical support to application development teams.
- Perform administration of all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Assist with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Troubleshoot problems associated with databases
- Create new database users as required.
- 3+ years’ work experience as SQL Server DBA
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in computer science or equivalent work experience required
- Good knowledge of the SQL Server physical database design, backup and recovery, and security management
- Experience and knowledge in code migrations, database changes, enforcement of the data integrity, and performance tuning
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, initiative, and organization skills
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity Employer
YRCW has a tobacco-free work environment policy at this location